Get error 1101 every time - help!

krox

error code 1101 - file/directory not found.

I am using Retrospect Express 5.6 with Windows XP

I have defragmented my disk - does not help.

I tried chkdsk /F using a dos shell and it said "The type of file system is NTFS - cannot lock current drive" confused.gif

I don't particularly want to purchase some extra software so what should I do?

Should I just delete this back up set, and start from scratch again? If so how do I do this? Is it configure, backup sets, forget?

regards

Keith

It happens every time that I attempt to backup.

It doesn't say exactly which file it is looking for. It just gives the message I mentioned in my first post.

It occurs right at the beginning of the backup, just after my tape drive rewinds a bit.

The backup is of many different types of files on my C drive.

I am backing up to a Seagate external travan tape drive.

I got windows to repair my files using a chkdsk /f delayed until my next reboot. This did not help.

So I am unable to backup at the moment.

cheers

Keith

This error in and of itself will not stop a backup. It sounds like it is looking for the catalog file, which would be referenced with the error. What happens if you go to Configure > Backup Sets and get Properties on the backup set in question? Do you get a box asking you for the catalog to backup set xxx? If so, either direct Retrospect to the catalog wherever you have stored it. If you deleted it, it can be rebuilt through Tools > Repair. Or, you can create a brand new backup set.

Archived