T-25: MapError: unknown Windows error 23

Has anyone ever seen this error within the logs?

*I'm running Multi-Server 6 on a WinNT 4.0 Server

*All clients are XP and all are registered in the domain.

*This client pc has been backing up normally, then I started to receive the following errors:

T-25: can't read data, BackupRead failed, \\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy1\wwwroot\_layouts\_vti_cnf\USERDISP.HTM, winerr 23, error -1001

File "F:\wwwroot\_layouts\_vti_cnf\USERDISP.HTM": can't read, error -1001 (unknown Windows OS error)

T-25: can't read data, BackupRead failed, \\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy1\wwwroot\_layouts\_vti_cnf\VIEWEDIT.HTM, winerr 23, error -1001

File "F:\wwwroot\_layouts\_vti_cnf\VIEWEDIT.HTM": can't read, error -1001 (unknown Windows OS error)

T-25: can't read data, BackupRead failed, \\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy1\wwwroot\_layouts\_vti_cnf\VIEWLSTS.HTM, winerr 23, error -1001

File "F:\wwwroot\_layouts\_vti_cnf\VIEWLSTS.HTM": can't read, error -1001 (unknown Windows OS error)

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Jessie

• 3 weeks later...

Hi AmyC,

>Are you using the Open File add-on?

Yes, we have purchased the Open File Add-on...this just recently happened with respect to the T-25: MapError.

Normal backups of this system was going fine. A possible problem is that the drive C partition was very fragmented...and I have been running a defrag application on it, but I'm still receiving the error.

I'm still receiving backing up the areas on the hard drive that are good but I suspect that I may be running into some bad sectors on this hard drive.

If you have any other suggestions, please feel free.

Thank you,

Jessie Atalig

Archived