Error -557 (transaction already complete)

We have recently upgraded from Retrospect multi-server 6.0 to 6.5. The upgrade went very smooth, with one exception. One of the clients refuses to backup now, stating the following error mesage:

"Can't access volume FCPO8001 on FirstClass, error -557 (transaction already complete)"

I couldn't find much info on this particular error message, nor could I find anyone else experiencing this issue in the forums.

What steps should I take to resolve this error? What causes it to begin with? The client computer is running Retrospect client version 6.5.127

Tried not using the "client alias" method and instead dragged the actual subvolume into the backup group, but still no difference unfortunately. This method did fix a problem on a different client of ours though, for the record.

I have also noticed that it isn't just during an attempted backup of this client that I get the -557 message. If I go into the Clients tab and try to access the properties for that particular client, I get the same -557 message.

The only temporary solution I have found so far is rebooting the backup client computer, but this is very impractical since it is our e-mail server. Rebooting it allows it to backup just one time, then the error returns again.

Archived