E-mail log notification.

Well folks, I have been reading the previous posts on this topic and I can't seem to find a solution. I am trying to get Mail.app to send me status updates on my server with no luck. Can anyone point me to some clear instructions on how to 100% get this working with Retro workgroup V. 5.0.238 and 10.2.6?

Joe Uselding

IT Manaer

VyMaC Corporation

juselding@vymac.com

Apple made Mail.app changes in Mac OS X 10.2 (Jaguar) that effect the Retrospect Event Handler:

There are two things that changed with the release of Mail with OSX 10.2:

1) The "compose message" Mail.app class has been changed to "outgoing message"

2) The "display name" Mail.app class has apparently been jettisoned, leaving the "address" class as the only option. This can result in improperly parsed recipient name in the sent items mail box, but it should still send the messages to the proper recipients without issue.

So, in the sendMail() handler change the following lines:

Change

"set myMessage to make new compose message at beginning of every compose message" to "set myMessage to make new outgoing message at beginning of every outgoing message"

Change

"set myAddressClass to myAddressClass & {display name:myAddress}" to "set myAddressClass to myAddressClass & {address:myAddress}"

Quote:

Change

"set myAddressClass to myAddressClass & {display name:myAddress}" to "set myAddressClass to myAddressClass & {address:myAddress}"

I already changed both of the instances listed above but appears as if I missed a part of the one above. Thanks for the clarification. Anyways, now it is sending mail, but it lists my name as ">" even though I have my name in front of the e-mail address. Thoughts?

Joe

• 2 months later...

Quote:

Joe Uselding said:

Anyways, now it is sending mail, but it lists my name as ">" even though I have my name in front of the e-mail address. Thoughts?

Joe

I am also getting that and it ignores the second address listed....any ideas?

Thanks,

Ric

• 2 months later...

Archived