Triggering Backups on script completion

Is it possible to have the completion of one script trigger the start of the next script? Running current OS X and current Retrospect. Server 2 has Retrospect installed, Server 1 has Client.

Here is what I want to do:

Drive 1 on Server 1 is duplicated to Drive 1 on Server 2

When that is finished, Drive 1 on Server 2 is backed up to tape

The real scheme will be more complicated, but if I can get this simple one to work, then I can apply that to the real process. I know I could set up a schedule and have a time window for each operation, but it seems like it would be more time efficient to say "do the first one, then do the second one" instead of "do the at 1 am then do the second one at 3 am".

Quote:

I know I could set up a schedule and have a time window for each operation, but it seems like it would be more time efficient to say "do the first one, then do the second one" instead of "do the at 1 am then do the second one at 3 am".

You don't have to estimate the time for the first script; Retrospect will always complete the first script in a queue before advancing to the next.

So something like "do the first one at 1:00 am and then do the second one at 1:01 am" would work.

Dave

Archived