I'm in charge of backing up our systems at work and we are looking at upgrading Retro. Desktop 4.3 to 5.?. We have 14 Mac OS stations and 1 Windows OS ME station. The Mac OS's vary from 8.6-10.2.6. We've outgrown the Retrospect license codes from the original package. My question is, which Retrospect product would best suit our needs to backup all of these different systems?

Workgroup - it comes bundled with 20 client licenses, which will give you room for a little growth.

If you plan on backing up any servers (ASIP, OS X Server) as clients , you'll need the Server edition. Workgroup will install on a server, but will not back them up as clients.

Since we have 11 license codes already, would it be okay to upgrade to Desktop 5.0 and get the additional license codes needed? I'm trying to put together a little proposal to the boss and I'm looking at cost effectiveness as well. Will the 11 older 4.3 lic. codes work with Desktop 5?

Will the 11 older 4.3 lic. codes work with Desktop 5?

No, you'll need to upgrade the application and the client licenses. In most cases, it is more cost effective to get the application with clients bundled. However, as always, shop around.

Archived