Retrospect 5.6

Compuflyer

Hello folks... I just purchased an Maxtor 5000 LE- 80GB, USB 2.0 external hard drive to do complete system backups on. It came with Dantz Retrospect Express 5.6 . I called Dantz to see if there were any updates coming for this software and they said no but there are upgrade options to 6.0 or 6.5 professional. I asked if these newer professional versions would work with the One Button Backup System on my new Maxtor External Drive and they said no. I bought this drive because I love the convenience of the One Button Backup Feature. Dantz was contracted to make software to work with this and it works great ! I then called Maxtor and asked about future upgrades and they said they are currently negotiating with Dantz to make upgrades for 5.6 Retrospect Express which will support the One Button Backup Feature. Is this true? Also I would think there is a way to map this button on my external hard drive to open any program. It must be similar to hot keys on a keyboard which can be mapped to do various things. There must be a way to map this One Button Backup Feature to open software of my choice right? In case there are no future supported One Button Backup Software Upgrades I would like to set up the button to open other backup software. Does anyone have any information regarding these issues? Thank you kindly. laugh.gif

I'm confused!

OK, you already knew that.

More than once, I've spoken to Dantz and was told that having the Express version bundled with the Maxtor drive qualified one for buying the upgrade version of Retrospect Pro 6. I sure hope that applies also to 6.5.

Archived