Received error code -2352 File has changed when backing up clients

khylan

Hello,

We are using Retrospect Client on the Retrospect 5.6 platform. We use the client backup to store the users 'My Documents' folders and their .pst Outlook file which is located in the same folder. Retrospect Client will back up the folder but will generate an "error code -2352 File has changed" message in the log and skip the backup of the .pst file. I've searched the knowledge base extensively. There is nothing of note there.

Question : Why is this message being generated? How do we resolve it? It is worth noting that the Retrospect Client software has been installed and the server software has been uninstalled and subsequently reinstalled. The Retrospect console on the server did locate and authenticate the clients after reinstallation but did generate this error code only on this one file.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Respectfully,

Kirk Hylan

khylan@insitenet.net

415-531-6259 cell

What operating systems are involved? What version of the application? Is the file in use during the backup? Does the problem happen every time? Is is happening on all clients or only specific clients?

Go to the client in question. Quit Outlook. Check the processes to make sure outlook.exe is not active. Backup this client - does the error go away?

Can you confirm that you see the client listed in Configure > Volumes under My Computer, Backup Clients or both?

Amy,

Thanks for the reply. I was wondering anyone was going to take this one on.

All client workstations are Win98SE. Outlook version is Outlook98. Last time this error happened it was for all clients. I can see the clients in the Configure->Volumes. I set them up for a scripted backup on Friday mornings at 11AM. It is possible that Outlook is open at the time that the script executes. We have a backup going tomorrow. We'll close all of the clients' Outlook programs and see what we get this time. Everything else regarding the client backup is working fine. I only get this message on the Outlook .pst file when it is being backed up. Let's see what happens with Outlook closed.

Thanks Amy. I'll report back after the backup. We're in the SF Bay Area also so you should be receiving my reply somewhere around noon.

Thanks again,

Kirk

Kirk Hylan

InSite Networks

415-454-6200 Voice

415-454-6424 Fax

khylan@insitenet.net

Archived