automatically launching scripts

I have been offering various versions of Retrospect backup software to my clients lately. At several sites I ran into problems regarding automatic launch of backup scripts. Most of the time scripts are effectively launched however now and then automatic launch stops and no action is taken by Retrospect until it is launched manually. Rebooting always solves the problem as well as stopping and re-starting the Retrospect launcher service. But people are not happy since they can not rely on the automatic backup. On 1 site running Retrospect Server 5.5 on a Windows 2000 server I noticed from the logging that automatic launch stopped after the client had been doing a restore of some files in a manual started Retrospect session. Could this be the cause. Can you give some general hints what to look for when automatically launch mysteriously stops?

Thanks for any help on this subject.

Quote:

Most of the time scripts are effectively launched however now and then automatic launch stops and no action is taken by Retrospect until it is launched manually. Rebooting always solves the problem as well as stopping and re-starting the Retrospect launcher service.

How often are these machines routinely restarted?

Archived