Duplicating State informatin

giftmugs

When we use Retrospect Express with W2K in immediate duplicating mode, the copying of our selected files is rather quick and impressive. What seems, however, to take forever is what the program displays as: "duplicating State information..."

Is this a required part of the duplicating process? It seems that whenever we use the "One-Touch-Button" this "duplicating State information..." screen does not appear and the entire duplicating process is extremely fast.

Could you offer some suggestions/help with this?

Thank you very much.

I have also recently setup a customer with Retrospect Express and Maxtor One Touch FW drives, and used the combination for duplicating a Thinkpad running WinXP Pro, SP1. The backup of 16 Gb took about 2.5 hours, including verification. I felt that was a reasonable time for that much info. It appears to be a full backup, but not necessarily an image to be restored with all the bootability of the original HD. Anyway, the backup worked fine, but is not an image, and did not have any information state issues that you mention.

I wanted to know what: "duplicating State information" is as this very process takes a very long time. The actual copying and verification are rather fast. Would you have any details on this: duplicating State information?

Thank you for your help.

You're seeing the copy of NTFS permissions. Check the Options for your One Touch script under Automate > Scripts vs. the options for the Immediate > Duplicate

Retrospect Express does not copy the Registry in Duplicate operations.

Archived