Mac OS 9.2.2, RE 4.3. QPS RW CD drive--Drive Not Found

I updated my system to OS 9.2.2, and everything works fine except Retrospect can't see the QPS CD RW drive. Toast sees the drive and works fine, the OS System Profiler sees the drive, but Retrospect does not. I found or was sent an FAQ, but it was about 9.2.1, and whatever it said, I tried it, and it didn't work. Can anyone help me please? I need to do a backup so I can upgrade to OSX (Jaguar). (More problems ahead!!)

Thanks, Martha

Thank you for trying to help. When I go to Configure as instructed, and open the window, it says, "No Devices Found". That's what I said in my original post. It also says "devices must be mounted on the desktop." With Toast 4.1, which is the software that came with the drive, the disk does not mount on the desktop. If it were a new Backup Set C, the disk isn't even formatted yet. The thing that gets me is that it worked FINE before I upgraded to OS 9.2.2. sigh.

Okay, here's a question. I want to backup to Backup Set B. I tried it both with and without 1-Backup Set B in the CDRW drive. Which is correct? I also tried to back up to a new Backup Set C (no disks as yet), and Retrsopect still did not see the drive, much less the blank disk I had in the drive.

Thank you again for trying to help!!

While in Retrospect, go to Configure > Devices > Device Status and list Vendor, Product and Version for your drive if available.

How does the drive show up in the Apple System Profiler > Devices & Volumes? Please provide all information listed for this drive.

I don't know how much clearer I can make it! In Retrospect, in Device Status as everywhere else, there are no devices listed. NONE.

Okay, in the System Profiler it says:

Firewire 2.8.5 -> fw609e,10483 -> sbp609e,104d8

One time when I had a disk in the drive it actually gave the name of the disk in the System Profiler.

Thank you again,

Martha

How does Toast see the drive? Is there any make/model information available? QPS puts many brands of hardware inside of these drives. From the information provided, I can't tell if this is a supported drive and/or what is required for support.

Try downloading and installing the Retrospect 4.3 Extensions Updater:

http://www.dantz.com/en/support/updates.dtml

Gosh, Amy, I went to the link you provided, clicked on the link for the Extensions updater and got:

Can't build data connection: Connection refused

sigh.

Actually, that's what I think I need--an extension updater, to update Retrospect after installing the new OS. That's exactly what I was hoping for. Can you get me into the site?

Thanks again,

Martha

Martha

Did the updated extensions help any?

I'm trying to use the Sony CD-RW drive that came inside my PowerMac G4 but Retrospect is only showing me the devices on the SCSI chain, and of course the internal CD-RW is on the ATA bus. (Version 4.3A, with Advanced Driver Update v2.0 and Driver Udate 2.5 installed).

Thanks

Jesse

FINALLY!!! Retrospect is working with my QPS drive now. The Extensions Updater WORKED!! I had to use Netscape. (Netscape 4.79 is what I have on my machine) Internet Explorer 5.5 did not work with the Dantz site for the download. I got that message mentioned before in this string.

Thank you for asking. I have made two backups now, and can now update to Jaguar, Mac OS 10.2.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived