Script doesn't execute properly and I'm bumped back to login screen

Hello. I'm running Retrospect Single Server v. 6.0.206 on a Win2K server. I have a script that runs a recycle backup on my 3 main local HD's, from the server, @ 10 pm every night. When I return in the morning, I am at the login screen, saying that Retrospect failed during the first script. It gives no reason why. When I look at the operations log, it has a bunch of sharing violation errors (1020). Also, it never got past the first HD (C:). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! Aaron.

Quote:

When I return in the morning, I am at the login screen, saying that Retrospect failed during the first script. It gives no reason why. When I look at the operations log, it has a bunch of sharing violation errors (1020). Also, it never got past the first HD (C:).

Other then the sharing violations, what else is listed in the log? Does the C: drive show that it was successfully backed up? If so, what is the next line? Do you see any information listed for other sources?

Check your script - what is listed for sources?

Thanks for the reply Amy.

The sources in the script are C:, E:, F:, G:, and thats it. As for the log, it says, "File "C:\System Volume Information\etc...." : can't read, error -1020 (sharing violation)"

After that, it has the usual start up info,

Retrospect version 6.0.206

Launched at blah, blah

Quit at blah, blah

There is no summery info for the backup that just occured. Its like it crashed or something.

Thanks for any help, Aaron

You're correct - the system is crashing before Retrospect has a chance to update the Operations Log.

What device are you backing up to? While in Retrospect, go to Configure > Devices > Environment and list Vendor, Product and Version for your drive.

Go to the Run menu on the top of your screen and execute your script - watch the behavior. What exactly is Retrospect doing when it crashes?

What if change the order of your sources in the script - put the C: drive last - does the behavior change?

Try backing up a completely different server - does the backup complete?

Archived