Drive scanning takes a long time

Hi,

Is there any way to have Retrospect scan for volumes names before it scans the entire drive?

Wouldn't this make sense? My backup server wastes more time scanning drives deciding what needs to be backed up than it does actually backing up.

I am backing up many large drives on many different Mac clients to different storage sets to overcome the stupid 1TB limit.

Each time my backup server starts a new script it scans every drive on the client's desktop -we have so many new drives coming and going it would be a nightmare to try and enter each one onto each client's "known drives".

We have about 2TB of drive media to be scanned each night with many, many audio files on many different size and types of drives.

The selector scan can take from 2 minutes to 25 minutes depending on the client but more often than not it doesn't need to back up that particular drive to that particular set.

The majority of my selectors work on drive names to decide what get backed up to where.

Please consider putting an option for a volume name pass before a filename pass.

Archived