finder hangs attempting to dimount a retrospect-mounted volume

continuing with the previous post concrening kernel panics when waking with retrospect-mounted volumes, i next succeeded at backing up one of the other remote volumes.

however, when i then quite from retrospect, the volume was still visible on the desktop.

i dragged it to the trash.

the messages included below appeared in the console log the finder hung with a spinning beachball.

when i terminated the finder, the volume was diasppeared form the desktop.

----- console logn ---------------

Apr 18 13:41:05 tschichold /sbin/autodiskmount[329]: Someone (pid = (399)) isn't responding to a sent disk acknowledgement request. That client has been disconnected.

Apr 18 13:41:05 tschichold /sbin/autodiskmount[329]: (autodiskmount.tproj/DiskArbitrationServerMain.c:4450) mach_msg failed: {0x10004003} (ipc/rcv) timed out

Apr 18 13:41:05 tschichold /sbin/autodiskmount[329]: (autodiskmount.tproj/DiskArbitrationServerMain.c:410) received unrecognized message (id=0x41) on notify port

Apr 18 13:41:06 tschichold /sbin/autodiskmount[329]: DiskArbUnmountPreNotifyAck_async_rpc(pid = 399, diskIdentifier = 'afp_08EOmQ08EOmQ08EOmQ08EOmQ--1.2d000002', errorCode = 0): no known client with this pid.

as an addenda to this, as i continue to backup other volumes, i observe that, whre retrospect does not note any error, it unmounts the volume itself.

in the case where i unmounted it from the desktop, retrospect had noted errors wrt files which were in use and could not be copied.

Archived