Retro gives me a 507 Incorrect Password when I try to log in a client for the first time.

I trashed the client, killed the piton, rm'd the retroclient history log and state, emptied the trash, restarted, reinstalled, restarted, put the right password in for sure, still get a 507. The password is 7 alphanum characters, no spaces, an &. I reconnected to the client by ip address, so I know it's the right machine. The client had an OS9 version on it; it's a new install of 10.2.

Backup server is a G4 dual 1g running OS 10.2.4 and retro 50236. Client is a G4 (AGP Graphics) running OS 10.2.4 and client 50540.

Quote:

The password is 7 alphanum characters, no spaces, an &.

I've been having the same problem with the OS X macs on my network. The OS 9 macs logged in fine. I've gone through all the suggested remedies a number of times and still get the "incorrect password" error 507. Finally, I saw a common theme between your and my passwords: the ampersand. I did a complete uninstall and a reinstall of the client on one of the problematic machines, but this time use the word "And" instead of "&." Guess what? I was able to log in the client. I haven't seen this stated anywhere, and by no means do I consider myself a font of Retrospect knowledge, but let me go out on a limb and say that the ampersand ("&") is not an acceptable character for passwords in OS X.

Archived