Hi there-

On my machine, where I run Retrospect, I only back up my documents. I would like to be able to leave my machine in OS9 or OSX and have Retrospect use one set of prefs and catalogs regardless of the OS.

I put the Retrospect application folder on my OSX volume, with an alias to it in my OS9 application folder for my convenience, which is fine.

The two versions seem to use the same config files just fine, which I have tested by taking the Retrospect folder from my OS9 prefs folder and copying it to my OSX Retrospect prefs folder. So far so good.

But that is where I am stuck. I tried to put an alias to the OSX prefs folder in my OS9 system folder, but Retrospect won't use it. It complains about a file existing where it wants to create a new Retrospect prefs folder. Bummer.

Also, it looks like Retrospect is not recognizing the documents as the same file in OS9 and OSX, but I'm not 100% sure. Double bummer.

Aren't there other people who are splitting their time between 9 and X and want to have the backup work no matter where they are (9 or X) at the end of the day? Or do I have to make the last thing I do each day be to make sure I am in a particular OS?

Thank you,

Paul

Archived