Disaster Recovery CD Not Bootable

vbjunkie

My Disaster Recovery CD has nothing in its root that is bootable. There is a folder named "Boot" that has system files, but how is the PC supposed to change from its root to that folder? I've tried this twice and each time the created CD has the same organization.

My BIOS is set for the CDROM to boot. I'm using Retrospect Express 5.6.132 and Windows 98 SE. Have I missed something?

Don't know if anyone has helped you with this or not - but the easiest way to make a bootable CDROM is with the use of the CDROM burning software - you take your .iso file that Retrospect created & use it in conjunction with the burning software - which has the ability to create a bootable CDROM.

Note that I have created bootable CDROMs - just never using the disaster recovery module. One problem I ran into was with it fitting on one CDROM - since the image size was too large - it wanted to span across CDROMs - which was fine - but the CDROM software wouldn't create a bootable CDROM across a span...the old catch-22!

OOPS! My big mistake!

When my PC boots from CD it looks only at a CDROM connected to the Primary IDE.

I had the bootable CD in my other CDROM which is connected to the Secondary IDE.

Placed the bootable CD in the correct CDROM drive and everything is OK.

Maybe this situation is happening to others. Hope this helps.

Archived