Error 1102

JPSanborn

Due to a flaky "C" drive, I cloned the "C" drive with Ghost 2003 and physically substituted the flaky drive with the cloned drive. Since then I have not been able to do a OneTouch backup of the new "C" drive. I get the following: Can't access volume Drive C (C:) error 1102 instIniWriteItem: WritePrivateProfile String failed error 5 Quit. I am assuming the trouble is associated with the cloned drive substitution but don't know for sure. The KB says error 1102 is usually an indication of improper permissions. What can I do to get things working again? I am up on Windows XP Professional. Thanks.

Jack

Thanks for all the input! confused.gif I finally contacted Maxtor, which I probably should have done initially, and they suggested "repairing" Retrospect Express, which is an option available on the Maxtor installation CD. They said if that didn't work to uninstall Retrospect Express and re-install it. The repair process did not help but the latter solution worked. So I am now back in business. smile.gif

Archived