Mounted disc????

durielk

I am getting the following error message when the Retro 6 goes to write to the cd on my Dell 4550 with XP.

"Retrospect cannot use your CD/DVD drive because the currently mounted disc contains items that are in use.

To use the drive, unmount the disc in the windows explorer and open the device status window."

What does this jibberish mean? I have never heard of unmounting anything? Where is this 'unmounting' option? And where is the 'device status window'. This is getting a little difficult, I thought it was plug & play.

Thanks. confused.gif

It means that the CD you have in the drive is being used by another program or by the OS.

Eject the CD and try again. Make sure no other CD burning programs are running - only one program can load device drivers at any given time.

The Device Status window is located in Configue > Devices.

Thank you for your reply.

The CD is not in use by another program, it is just sitting there not even spooled up.

It appears that Retro 6 cannot interface with the Samsung CD-R/RW SW-240B drive. I have installed all the updates.

Still not working. Thanks.

Well I have determined what the problem was......the disk was formated.

Seems like such a simple thing, who would have thought you needed unformated disks. I am sure is sayes that somewhere in the 500 page booklet, it could have been on the computer window asking you to load the cd.

Thanks for your assistance.

Archived