Retrospect Express and Win2000 Professioal

ekovacik

I have been using Retrospect 5.0 for Win98 for nearly a year with no problems. I just upgraded my OS to Win2000 and Retrospect can not "see" my Sony Spressa USB Plus CRX100E/X2 CD-ReWritable Recorder. The CD burner shows up under My Computer or Windows Explorer and works just fine with the Sony Extreme software. When I try a backup with Retrospect 5.0, I get this error: "Sorry, no disc storage device found".

This is a near duplicate post of one from last month. I still can not get the software to perform a backup. I have even tried to shut down all tasks except Explorer from the Task Manger with no success. Dantz claims that the Win98 driver(s) should work and no new one is available for Win2000. Surely I am not the only one fighting this stubborn program!

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks much!

OK, thank you very much. Although I must admit, Dantz Support did tell me that 5.0 would work with Win2000. And you apparently confirmed that indirectly by your reply, (post #20574), to my original post #20527. Anywho...can you tell me what the upgrade cost is for the latest release that positively works under Win2000?

Archived