Error - 5000 on Duplicate

I am having a problem with Retrospect 5 Server on my Xserve. I am running OS X Server 10.2.4. I have a script set up to duplicate the main hard disk to the second hard disk each night, with replacing entire contents. When the script runs, I get the error:

Trouble writing files, error - 5000 (server: no privileges)

and the script errors out and cancels the copy. I read in the manual about turning off "Ignore privileges on this volume" option on the target volume and have done that. Any ideas what I have set incorrectly?

Quote:

Any ideas what I have set incorrectly?

- Confirm that your Destination is a local volume, physically connected to the XServe?

- Do you have your Security preference set to "Always Authenticate" Retrospect? (it shouldn't matter, but I'm not so sure that it doesn't...)

Dave

Yes, I have an Xserve with a hard disk in the first bay and one in the second. I am attempting to nightly duplicate the first hard disk, with replacing entire contents, to the second hard disk. I did see posts on the forum of people getting this error -5000 when backing up appleshare volumes, but it didn't sound like anything related to my issue.

I did not have <Security preference set to "Always Authenticate" Retrospect?> in Retrospect. I set that option on and will see how my duplicate performs tonight.

I figured this one out. I had set up a folder on the source drive to be locked using "chflags" in the terminal in OS X. The duplicate script ran that evening and duplicated the source drive to the target drive. The next day I changed my mind, and unlocked the folder on the source drive. That evening when the duplicate script tried to delete the locked folder on the target drive and replace it with the unlocked folder from the source, it couldn't and errorred out. I manually unlocked the the folder on the target and the script ran fine.

Archived