Retrospect 5 script help needed

I am using Retrospect 5 on a macintosh G3 AIO, with a Cybernetics Tape drive attached via SCSI.

I am attempting to backup a G4 Server running Mac OS X 10.1.5. If I leave the option set to back up all

files, the script executes, but the compression does not seem to work, as I am always asked for a

2nd Storageset to finish the backup.

We previously used Retrospect 4.3 on a 7350/180 with this same Cybernetics Tape drive, and we backed up this server, and also the G4 when it was running Mac OS 9 and ASIP. We could go for a month, sometimes longer, before having to reset the storageset using the Normal backup option.

Now, with the tape drive connected to the G3 AIO, I cannot get a complete backup of the same G4 Server running Mac OS X 10.1.5 on one tape or storageset.

I have attempted to get around the issue of the backup asking for a 2nd tape by using the more

choices option in the backup script. I have included what the script looks like below. Now, every time the script executes and scans the G4 server, it gets ready to backup, and says 0 files remaining, and 0 files

completed. When the box comes up saying execution is complete 0 files have been copied or backed up.

So I need help in either

(a) getting Retrospect to do a complete backup of all files without asking for a 2nd tape

or

(B) getting this script to actually execute with my include and exclude choices, rather than it not backing anything up

Thank You

( I tried to copy the script in here, but that did not work, however, the script is basically like this:)

{folder} name exactly matches 2007 8th Grade

and ( these are all folders) name exactly matches 2008 7th Grade

and name exactly matches 2009 6th Grade

and name exactly matches All Staff

and name exactly matches ALSDATA

and name exactly matches Alt.Ed

and name exactly matches BD

and name exactly matches District Media Services

and name exactly matches Fine Arts

and name exactly matches foregin langauge

and name exactly matches physical educ.

and name exactly matches SMS Media Center

But always exclude files matching

[folder}name exactly matches Shared Software

name contains Applications

name contains Filewave Logon Server

name contains System

name contains Library

name contains Temporary items

OS X is much (much) larger than OS 9. It may well be that it just doesn't fit anymore. What capacity are the tapes and how big is the source (do a Get Info on the disk you're backing up and look at Used: )?

You need to change your AND conditions to OR conditions. It's confusing, but think of it this way: a folder can't exactly match 'thisname' and exactly match 'thatname' at the same time.

MikeK

Archived