Can't connect to client AND autolaunch failing

I'm runninng Workgroup 5.0.238 with 5 clients all running version 5.0.540. All of the computers are running OS10.2.4, all G4s except one G3.

The problem I am encountering is that the server can't see one of the clients when that client is sleeping. Once I wake the computer up, the server can see the computer just fine. Oddly, the server and this particular client are on the same subnet. The other computers are on different subnets and are backed up fine by the server. I don't know how to fix this problem.

The other problem is that autolaunch is not working. The script is written correctly and is set to launch at midnight every night. It doesn't launch until someone (typically in the morning) logs onto a computer, i.e. wakes it up. Anyway, everything WAS running smoothly from october 2002 until about january when I believe I upgraded the computers to OS 10.2.3. Any help would be great, thanks.

Oh, just more info, I have recently uninstalled and reinstalled retrospect, all the versions client and server are current.

Thanks!

Quote:

The problem I am encountering is that the server can't see one of the clients when that client is sleeping.

{snip}

The other problem is that autolaunch is not working. The script is written correctly and is set to launch at midnight every night. It doesn't launch until someone (typically in the morning) logs onto a computer, i.e. wakes it up.

When Mac OS X puts Apple computers to sleep all the OS processes are suspended. That includes pitond (the OS X Client). That includes RetroRun (the Retrospect auto-launch scheduler). That even includes cron (the standard unix auto scheduler).

Retrospect cannot connect to sleeping clients or wake a sleeping Macintosh.

Dave

Archived