Unable to backup any .textClipping file under OS X 10.2.2

I have Retrospect Backup 5.0.238 and I get execution errors which say it is unable to read the file when it encounters any .textClipping file on any local or remote host. I'm able to backup every other file on my huge set of disks. How do I report this to Dantz without paying them for the privilege of doing QA for them?

Quote:

I have Retrospect Backup 5.0.238 and I get execution errors which say it is unable to read the file when it encounters any .textClipping file on any local or remote host. I'm able to backup every other file on my huge set of disks. How do I report this to Dantz without paying them for the privilege of doing QA for them?

Two Dantz people are on this board a lot, Mayoff and AmyC (what ever happened to IrenaS?). I guess they can note the issue. But it certainly would help a lot if you were more specific in the behavior you're reporting.

Here's what I just tried:

- Open BBEdit, type and select the word "dog."

- Drag and drop the selected text to a folder. Note resulting file is named "dog.textClipping"

- Define the folder as a subvolume

- Add some other files to the folder (just for fun)

- Immediate Backupl to new File Backup Set

- Retrospect backups up all files with no errors

It is so sad that Apple's Cocoa apps (Stickies, TextEdit, Mail) don't support Drag and Drop (even within a document). And I tried it with Word vX but it created a file named "Picture clipping.pictClipping" (which also backed up without error). What application did you use to create the clipping file?

Dave

Archived