Issues with backup of multiple users in OSX

I just completed my Imation CD-RW backup (I have had problems with CD-R media). Things looked good until the very end of the compare on the last of three CD's. The only error was that my log file had grown in size from the backup to the restore (I even had the log file open so I could follow). Then I got a series of "bad backup header found " errors. It appears they are all the files I had tried to backup from a different "user". I am wondering if I made a mistate in setting Retrospect to backup multiple users?

I logged into the machine as an administrator but not as a root user. I set up the selectors and they back up all the user accounts. In my selector I asked Retrospect to select the Users folder and copy all enclosed folders and files (which includes the user I am logged in as and this second user). The second user on the machine is also an administrator.

So is this a "permissions" error problem or an actual media problem? Any thoughts?

This is the first time I have tried to backup a multiple user account. Maybe I have to enable the root user and launch Retrospect from that account?

I will search the knowledgebase, but I thought an experience user could help as well.

Archived