Mac OS X 10.2.4 Client Problem

I updated one of our clients to 10.2.4 and as soon as I did that, the Retrospect Client is acting screwy. Every morning I come in, and the client failed to backup. The last note in the client for example is:

2/19/2003 5:00 AM: Script “Backup 1” (root): OT_delete_config…, Execution incomplete.

If you look at the processes running, the retropds process has the CPU pegged at 100%

The log of the server looks like:

- 2/19/2003 5:00:30 AM: Copying OT_delete_config_02.txt on Monkey…

2/19/2003 5:00:30 AM: Connected to Monkey

Scanning incomplete, error -1407 (unknown)

Can't access volume Documents on Monkey, error 505 (client is reserved).

Can't access volume Eterniti Records on Monkey, error 505 (client is reserved).

Can't access volume Websites on Monkey, error 505 (client is reserved).

Can't access volume shawn on Monkey, error 505 (client is reserved).

Not sure what that OT_delete file is, but it looks like it's part of the built-in AppleScript help when I search for the file.

Any idea's on what's up? It's been working flawlessly otherwise (well, except that the client will stay reserved forever if the backup server fails in mid-backup, but that's a different issue).

The client version I'm using is 5.0.540

- Shawn

• 3 months later...

Dantz has released an update to the Retrospect Client software for Mac OS X. This update is compatible with Retrospect 5.0 for Macintosh as well as Retrospect 6.5 for Windows.

Changes made the new Macintosh client software include improved memory management on the client computer as well as a fix for the error -40 File positioning for retropds.22.

The new client installer can be downloaded from:

ftp://ftp.dantz.com/pub/cs/mac_client_5_1.sit

Thanks,

Dantz Technical Support

Archived