What version X best for Retro 5?

I was about to install Jaguar (I have 10.2.1 disks) on my G4 Quicksilver -- and was hoping to gleem from this board whether or not it was safe to go to 10.2.3 or 10.2.4.

Obviously, the one thing I can't do without is a backup system - So I'd rather stay with 10.2.1 if Retro may not work properly. Has anyone been successful backing up/restore with Retro to firewire devices on 10.23 or 10.2.4

Should it matter my primary backup devices are:

An Ecrix VXA-1 tape drive (firewire interface)

LaCie d2 Firewire Hard drive.

Iomega Peerless Drive (Firewire/usb)

thanks in advance,

xandra

I have a problem now where one machine crashes the backup and that machine happens to be mine which was just upgraded to 10.2.4 this weekend! See my earlier post:

http://forums.dantz.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Desktopworkgrupx&Number=20997&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

I have removed my notebook from the backup server and everything is running fine on it again so I'm not going to upgrade any more users to 10.2.4 until I know that pushing the os of the backup server to 10.2.4 is safe and will still be able to backup clients on all other versions of OS X from 10.1.4 up.

Cheers,

Simon

Although I don't know if it matters, I should mention that my question refers to Retro Desktop, not the server edition.

Just an Aside...

I've found Desktop 5 complicated enough -- until I have more confidence in Retro 5 under OSX - I'm holding off on the server edition as it seems to have issues of its own.

Alixandra

Archived