Ever since the upgrade from 10.2.2 to 10.2.3, I have had problems with Retrospect and two of the six hard drives that I regularly back up. I have one of the original Mac G4s (PCI Graphics) with lots of memory and the aforementioned six hard drives, two internal, two external(SCSI) and two external(firewire). I have been using a Yamaha Firewire CD-RW burner to make my backups--model CRW2200FX2, firmware 1.0 D. When I installed 10.2.3, I could no longer back up anything and Toast also stopped working which led me to believe that the problem was my CD burner. Now, I have installed 10.2.4 and Toast works again and four of the six hard drives back up in Retrospect. The other two cause a freeze where I have to hit the restart button on my machine. The two volumes that I cannot backup are my startup volume which has the system software and Retrospect on it and also the larger of my two firewire external drives. I can back up the other four, no problem. I don't know why this is happening and I am very much open to help.

Thanks very much

Harold

Archived