Not backing up all files

i'm running retrospect 5.0.238 on a G4 iMac (OS 10.2.3). i am backing up both partitions of my internal drive and an external firwire HD. i am backing these up to two separate backup sets (for insurance), each to a separate external firwire HD.

retrospect is not backing up all of my files! when browsing the larger partition of my internal hard drive, retrospect says i have 174,186 files, which use 30.7 GB of space.

one of the backup contents only show 173,442 files using a mere 19.6 GB. the other: 169,833, using 19.5 GB.

the smaller partition and external drive seem to be backing up correctly.

my script is set to backup "ALL FILES". why isn't it doing so?

thank you.

Quote:

when browsing the larger partition of my internal hard drive, retrospect says i have 174,186 files, which use 30.7 GB of space.

one of the backup contents only show 173,442 files using a mere 19.6 GB...

How exactly are you comparing?

Configure->Volumes->Browse will open a Browser window with no files selected. Select all files and see the total number of Source files at the top of the window.

Immediate->Restore->(setup restore)->Files Chosen will bring up the browser with no files seleted; select all files and see the total number of Backup Set files at the top of the window.

If you visit Configure->Backup Sets->Summary you'll get the number of files for _all_ sessions, while if you visit Reports->Contents you'll see the total number of files in _each_ session.

So, again, how exactly are you comparing?

Dave

Archived