Disaster Recovery CD with Win XP

jelenko

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Quote:

Has anyone performed a successful Disaster Recovery with Win XP using the Disaster Recovery CD that is built by Retrospect? I'm using Retrospect 6 [not the professional version]

Thanks

Unfortunatley, I had to do a Disaster Recovery last weekend. Process did not go "exactly" like the recovery document, but went fairly well (XP and Retrospect 6.0). Two remaining issues I have is that my Outlook Express accounts (and thus my email folders) were not restored, and GoBack got hosed. I'm working with the vendor on Goback,and just posted a question here on how do I recover Outlook Express.

Just to let everyone know.

In talking with Dantz tech support, we believe the problem I'm having is because I'm using an OEM version of Win XP Pro. The setup 'script' in the i386 folder of my OEM version is different from the Retail version. Hence, the difference between the setup script that Retrospect is expecting to see vs what's there is causing the issues I'm seeing.

That said, I just did a system restore: Install Win XP - install Retrospect - restore all of C: Worked almost flawlessly - passwords were not remembered. But, that may be because I chose to not save cache files in my backup set. Otherwise, seems perfect, including XP is not asking to be activated.

Archived