Retrospect Express and Win2000 Professional

ekovacik

I have been using Retrospect 5.0 for Win98 for nearly a year with no problems. I just upgraded my OS to Win2000 and Retrospect can not "see" my Sony Spressa USB Plus CRX100E/X2 CD-ReWritable Recorder. The CD burner shows up under My Computer or Windows Explorer and works just fine with the Sony Extreme software. When I try a backup with Retrospect 5.0 I get this error: "Sorry, no disc storage device found". Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks much!

Following your advise, I can get only to "Devices" then the error "No backup devices found". Clicking the "Device Status" button yields no currently visible devices. Note: Compact Disc (E:), which is the Sony Spressa, is visible under Windows Explorer. Do you have other trouble-shooting suggestions? Thanks again...

Quote:

Not sure what you mean by "CD mastering software" (

Uninstall any other CD burning software to help rule out any conflicts.

Check Configure > Devices > Device Status again.

Windows 95/98/ME users need to make sure ASPI is installed. ASPI is optional for NT/2000/XP users. Run the ASPI check utility (ASPICHK.exe located in the Retrospect folder under Program Files:Dantz:Retrosepct). If it reports ASPI is not fully installed on your computer, or if the versions listed are not all at 4.60, run the ASPI installer (ASPIINST.exe, also in the Retrospect folder). For more information about ASPI, see “ASPI Explained” in the Retrospect User's Guide.

Under Windows NT/2000/XP, if the ATAPI miniport driver is disabled Retrospect may not see the ATAPI bus. You must enable the miniport driver by editing the registry key at the path:

\\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Aspi32\Parameters

Set the ExcludeMiniports value data to empty so Retrospect sees all buses.

Amy,

I have the same problem where the software doesn't see the tape drive.

I have done the below: changed the key, had apsi at 4.60 and 4.7.12 but still no luck frown.gif

Is there a way to uninstall APSI drivers? Just want to see it that makes a difference?

Souly

Quote:

Windows 95/98/ME users need to make sure ASPI is installed. ASPI is optional for NT/2000/XP users. Run the ASPI check utility (ASPICHK.exe located in the Retrospect folder under Program Files:Dantz:Retrosepct). If it reports ASPI is not fully installed on your computer, or if the versions listed are not all at 4.60, run the ASPI installer (ASPIINST.exe, also in the Retrospect folder). For more information about ASPI, see “ASPI Explained” in the Retrospect User's Guide.

Under Windows NT/2000/XP, if the ATAPI miniport driver is disabled Retrospect may not see the ATAPI bus. You must enable the miniport driver by editing the registry key at the path:

\\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Aspi32\Parameters

Set the ExcludeMiniports value data to empty so Retrospect sees all buses.

Archived