Help!!! How do I Backup?

Tony_Williams

I have posted something similar before but I'll try again. Is there anyone who could tell me in simple 1,2,3 steps how to create a backup file? I have 4 partitions c d e and f and I only want selected files in selected folders to back up. I've tried reading help but it is far too complicated for a novice like me! If I choose slect files even thogh I only tick certain folders and files when I close the screen it tells me I'm backing up All Files, I don't want to do that. Help!!!

Seriously any help with a simple walkthro' would be greatly appreciated

TIA

Tony Williams

If you are using Immediate Backup and clicking on Preview to select folders/ files for backup, your selections will not be retained. The Preview window will always regenerate a "live" picture of your drive in the existing state.

With Express edition the best way to backup specific folders, and have Retrospect remember them, is to create Subvolumes. When setting up your backup, go to Sources. Highlight your hard drive, and click the Subvolume button. A list of folders on the root level of your hard drive will come up. Find the first folder you'd like to backup, highlight it and click 'Define.' You will then see this folder listed seperately under your harddrive. Repeat the Subvolume/Define proceedure until you see all the folders you'd like to backup listed underneath your hard drive. Once all folders are defined you can use the Shift or Ctrl keys with your mouse to select one or all of the folders as the source (s) for the backup. You can use multiple sources in an Immediate Backup (eg: 1 folder or many).

Archived