Retrospect Client won't turn on

I've got an odd problem with Retrospect Clients under OSX; I can't turn them on.

Or rather, I can, but just for long enough to run to the other side of the office and get Retrospect Server to list them, but not long enough to actually connect. And I can't use "connect by IP" for the same reason.

They are actually turning off after a set amount of time, I can sit and watch them do it. They're going over Airport, is that a problem for Retrospect? Licenses are okay, we have a twenty user license sitting on the server machine. Clients don't have any licensing information, right?

Other methods of communicating between the machines work fine.

Any assistance appreciated!

Quote:

Quote:

I've got an odd problem with Retrospect Clients under OSX; I can't turn them on.

- What version of the OS X Client (as shown in the upper right hand corner when you first turn it on).

- What versoin of Mac OS X?

Ooops, sorry. OSX 10.2.3.

I have now managed to get the clients to stay running by updating them to the latest version (5.0.540) and I thought I may as well update the server as well (to 5.0.238).

But while the Client now runs, and can be seen in the 'select a client' dialog, when I click "Log in" I get an error message:

Can't log in, error -1028 (client is not visible on network).

So I'm a step further but still not there yet.

Many thanks for your help!

Archived