hanging on network retry

macassis

I am running v 5.0.238 Server BackUp on OS 10.2.3. Off of having troubles with 2 ASIP 6.3 servers and network communications (519 error)I have found that off on trying to run my scripts to one of these machine that RSB does cut its attempts to continuing the backup as it did in the 4.3 version. Specifically; e.g., a script that started @ 10:30 pm last night did not stop trying to regain network connection until I manually ended it this morning (showed a 24001 error).

Is this something that I missed in my configuration? I did not see this occurring in the older version; it seemed to terminate a script that was hanging if it was time to run another one. Or, is this a case that there is just enough communication occurring between the two machines but not enough to allow the script to properly run?

Go to the System Preferences (from the Apple Menu) and click Network. Change the pull-down menu to Show Active Network Ports. Make sure that the port that you wish to use with Retrospect is listed first in this window. If not, you may change the order by dragging the desired item to the top of the list. This may also be needed if you have two network cards. Change for server and for client.

Try a crossover cable directly between the server and the client.

Archived