Crashes upon starting Retrospect 5 from Mac OS 10.2.3

This is new behavior that started when I tried to duplicate a Backup File by dragging it to a new HD to change the storage space. At first the HD was not correctly installed and everything I put on it whether dragged to, saved to or newly created CRASHED the finder.

I finally got that little problem straightened out, but thereafter, every time I start Retrospect the Console crash log appears with a new entry - but Retrospect itself does not crash. I close the console log and click on some other Retrospect function and the Console crash log reappears. This ALWAYS happens now.

Retrospect seems to run, backup and retrieve normally, except for this annoying crash log behavior. Anybody got a clue? admaniac@swbell.net

Quote:

Anybody got a clue?

You first.

What process is being represented by the crash log?

If it's fix_prebinding, then it's an issue that has been discussed here before. It's also being discussed on Apple's support boards by users who don't have Retrospect.

I have seen this problem on some machines and not others. It doesn't effect Retrospect operation.

Dave

Its hard to tell what is being represented by the crash log.

I do not know how to interpret the logs - the language might as well be Martian. Usually, I will have clicked on a "Run" document - Retrospect opens - the crash logs appear - and fix prebinding is part of the log suite that appears. If this has been covered previously I have yet to see it. I close the logs. Then I click, for example, on the Main Dialog Box for Retrospect - the crash log reappears.

These logs do not appear unless I start Retrospect.

Thanks for your response, but I still don't get it.

Archived