express 5.6 b/u of server - error 1017

aeczeezo

I'm hoping to get a solution to this problem - I've browsed the other posts but haven't found it yet. I scheduled a backup of our server from one of the work stations - server is NT 4.0 and station is XP Pro - and the backup always fails due to error 1017 - insufficient permissions. I got the tutorial from the website and followed all the steps, right up to where you start the service again - only to get a message saying it couldn't start due to failed logon!

HHHEEELLLPPP!!! I've gone throught the process several times now, always with the same result.

Also, I experienced the problem in post #17856 - only when I went to try the solution, I don't have scan disk! What can I do with XP Pro?

Thanks

Quote:

right up to where you start the service again - only to get a message saying it couldn't start due to failed logon!

Windows is not able to authenticate the username / password combination you are supplying. Make sure the user name/password is configured on the local machine in the Windows OS. Check your Windows product documentation for more information on configuring users and passwords.

Archived