Error -40 (file positioning error)...

Hi

I am getting this error message from some of my network clienst during backup.

Can't read file ?retropds.22?, error -40 (file positioning error), path: ?Troy/Applications/Retrospect Client/Retrospect Client.app/Contents/Resources/retropds.22?.

Can someone shed some light on this as I cannot find any help in the 'Help'

I am backing up OS X clients onto a 60 GB Firewire drive via my Mac which has OS X on it.

Cheers

Rich

From the Knowledgebase

When backing up a Retrospect client under 10.2.1 users may see the error -40 File Positioning Error in the following path:

applications/retroclient/retroclient.app/contents/resources/retropds.22

This error can be ignored during the backup.

If you do a complete system restore on a client getting this error, you may need to reinstall the Retrospect Client software following the restore.

This problem will be fixed in a future release of the Retrospect Client

• 3 months later...

Dantz has released an update to the Retrospect Client software for Mac OS X. This update is compatible with Retrospect 5.0 for Macintosh as well as Retrospect 6.5 for Windows.

Changes made the new Macintosh client software include improved memory management on the client computer as well as a fix for the error -40 File positioning for retropds.22.

The new client installer can be downloaded from:

ftp://ftp.dantz.com/pub/cs/mac_client_5_1.sit

Thanks,

Dantz Technical Support

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any reason why the 5.1 client software - which has been out a couple of weeks now - is not listed on the main updates page? The only references to it are in the forum and by doing a search for retropds.22 in the knowledge base...

Archived