Incorrect dates on backup-sets

Hello All,

Having ironed out dozens of problems since updating from version 4.3 to 5, I am currently pondering over an issue regarding the dates on backup sets. I am running v5 of retrospect backup on a G4 running 10.2.3.

It would appear that the date the clients are backed up is not reflected at all accurately when I view the backup sets in a folder. Having checked the logs it appears that the clients have been backed ok.

( I moved to os X because I was experiencing 'internal consistency check errors' randomly during the backing up of 20 or so clients. Despite Dantz's recommendations nothing worked to fix the problem)

I have my reservations about this product since upgrading.

In reply to:

It would appear that the date the clients are backed up is not reflected at all accurately when I view the backup sets in a folder. Having checked the logs it appears that the clients have been backed ok.

The Finder in OS X does not update its info instantly the way previous versions of Mac OS did. So a file that has been modified by an application often does not show the new modification date until some Finder actions have been performed to force the update. Try clicking on the file, or changing views of the folder. You'll see the date change before your eyes.

>>I have my reservations about this product since upgrading.

Which product? OS X is the cause of this behavior, not Retrospect (and you updated both...).

Dave

Archived