Restart before creating a backup?

Crash21

Is it possible to have Retrospect restart the computer and run the backup process while windows loads like Norton Ghost does (kind of like running the backup in DOS)? So I can backup windows system files and things like the Documents and Settings folder.

When I tried to run Retrospect to backup the partition containing my Documents and Settings folder, I got these errors:

File "E:\Documents and settings\Jeff\NTUSER.DAT": can't read, error -1020 (sharing violation)

File "E:\Documents and settings\Jeff\NTUSER.DAT.LOG": can't read, error -1020 (sharing violation)

File "E:\Documents and settings\Jeff\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\k4udr7z2.slt\parent.lock": can't read, error -1020 (sharing violation)

File "E:\Documents and settings\Jeff\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat": can't read, error -1020 (sharing violation)

File "E:\Documents and settings\Jeff\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG": can't read, error -1020 (sharing violation)

File "E:\Documents and settings\LocalService.NT AUTHORITY\NTUSER.DAT": can't read, error -1020 (sharing violation)

File "E:\Documents and settings\LocalService.NT AUTHORITY\NTUSER.DAT.LOG": can't read, error -1020 (sharing violation)

File "E:\Documents and settings\LocalService.NT AUTHORITY\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat": can't read, error -1020 (sharing violation)

File "E:\Documents and settings\LocalService.NT AUTHORITY\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG": can't read, error -1020 (sharing violation)

File "E:\Documents and settings\NetworkService\NTUSER.DAT": can't read, error -1020 (sharing violation)

File "E:\Documents and settings\NetworkService\NTUSER.DAT.LOG": can't read, error -1020 (sharing violation)

File "E:\Documents and settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat": can't read, error -1020 (sharing violation)

File "E:\Documents and settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG": can't read, error -1020 (sharing violation)

I did notice when I went into the backup options, it had an option to "Backup system state" which would backup system config files when the Windows volume is backed up. That makes me wonder if it won't do that for me because my Documents and Settings folder is on a seaperate partition than windows?

• 4 weeks later...

Archived