OS X 10.23 Server and mounted ASIP volumes?

I am trying to back up the data (not concerned with permissions) off a ASIP Server mounted as a local volume on a OS X 10.23 Server running Retro 5.0.238 Server version. I tried using the client, but that just crashed the ASIP server. I just want the data backed up as it is in just a few common groups' data folders. This works fine with a Quantum SNAP server mounted as an admin user, but even though I can see all the files/folders in the OS X Finder, Retro does not see any files at all! I tried a couple other ASIP servers I have and had the same result.

How do I back up the data if I can't use the Retro client nor with the volume mounted locally?

Help!

Thanks,

Tim

From the Read-Me:

Automounting Shared Volumes: You can configure Retrospect Express to use a password to automatically mount a shared volume when it is needed--typically, while executing a backup script--and unmount it when Express is done with it. To enter the password for a shared volume, such as a file server, first log in to mount the volume on the desktop. Select the volume and choose Configure from the Volumes menu. The password configuration dialog appears, listing the server, volume, and user names. In the space provided, enter the password for the shown user name, then click OK. Unmount the volume from the desktop before adding the volume to your scripts.

When it needs to access the volume, Retrospect will mount the volume on the desktop, access it, and then unmount it when done.

NOTE: When Retrospect has mounted the volume under Mac OS X, you will not be able to see the volume's contents from the Finder.

Archived