Client doesn't know it's been backed up

obear

I am using RD for Mac 4.3 on an Imac to back up itself plus a TCP/IP Imac, to a USB TR4 tape drive. It runs successfully. The log shows back up of both host and client, but the client Imac always shows a pop-up window stating it has never been backed up over the network. I should speak to the network administrator. I have already spoken to me, and I have no idea why this occurs. Anyone else have a clue?

In reply to:

I have already spoken to me

Thanks for the smile.

Moving on...

In Retrospect, go to Configure > Volumes. Does this machine show up under Local Desktop, Backup Clients or both?

If the machine shows up under Local Desktop, you may be backing it up as a mounted volume rather then through the Client software. Make sure the machine is logged in at Configure > Clients.

Also, do a search on the client machine to make sure there are not multiple copies of the Retrospect client control panel on the client machine.

• 4 weeks later...

AmyC, I went to configure/volumes and found the volume in question showing in both the Local Desktop as well as the Network Clients

In configure/clients, it is showing as configured.

I did not find 2 copies on the client machine.

Et tu, Brutus?

Quote:

I went to configure/volumes and found the volume in question showing in both the Local Desktop as well as the Network Clients

Remove it from here (hightlight and hit delete key on your keyboard).

You want to backup the client with the source listed in Network Clients.

Archived