Client won't stay on

I have a new iMac with system 10.2.1 and ver. 5 of Retrospect Workgroup. I can't get the client to stay on. It is looking for the password. Please help!

The computer with the tape drive is a Minitower G3 with System 9.2.1. It will not see the iMac client on the Network brower of Retrospect.

In reply to:

I have a new iMac with system 10.2.1 and ver. 5 of Retrospect Workgroup. I can't get the client to stay on. It is looking for the password. Please help!

The computer with the tape drive is a Minitower G3 with System 9.2.1. It will not see the iMac client on the Network brower of Retrospect.

- What version of the Retrospect OS X Client software is the iMac running?

- What do you mean when you say "It is looking for the password."

No one is going to be able to help if you are not clear and precise with the description of your issue.

Dave

Thanks for your help.

This is the message when the client is in the off position.

"Waiting for password initialization (click the on button)"

This is the message when the client is in the on position. It only stays in the on position for about 5 seconds before whiching off.

"Waiting for first access."

This is the version of the Mac OS X client. "Version 5.0.528"

• 4 weeks later...

Hello:

I have the same problem and installed the latest version of client and server. The client did not stay on until I downloaded and installed the new versions. But now the server asks for the password of this newly reinstalled client and I can not get around this.

I have client build 540

HELP.

Thanks! ...Brian

2003 Jan 27

Quote:

But now the server asks for the password of this newly reinstalled client and I can not get around this.

When you installed the client software, you were required to enter a password during installation. If you don't recall the password, you can uninstall / reinstall the client and enter a new one.

Archived