Recovery CDR image

Hello,

I have made a CDR image in ISO 9660 format from a backup catolog using reterospect 5.6 express, but when I use that CDR past the formatting hardrive, and onto file copy stage for Windows XP professional, Windows Xp professional setup displays a message saying " setup cannot copy file hptpro.sys. press ESC to skip the file press R to retry Press F3 to quit setup." hence I am unable to restore a drive using the disaster recovery features of retrospect express 5.6.

Kindly let me know how to fix this, and sucssefully restore a harddrive using the CDR image file created from a backup catalog.

Thanking You,

Best Regards,

Aftab.

Hello Amy,

The CDR image was used in restoring the same computer with all orginal hardware in place, except, of course the hardrives which have to be replaced, but then again, the hardrives used was identical in capacity and make for a RAID configuration as was before and after the creation of a CDR. I belive that the file hptpro.sys is a file associated with the RAID controller used in my mainboard which is made by highpoint technology, there are four files that are in the driver folder of the floppy, which I copy during the intial loading of windows xp drivers during the setup. Somehow that hptpro.sys file appraently is not loaded or not copied oneway or the other,or for other reasons, as to why, I don't know, you may have a remedy or a solution for that?

So that I may be able to restore my harddrives and data back to its original form.

Thanking You,

Best Regards

Aftab.

If you boot from the Disaster Recovery CD and Retrospect or Windows is unable to see a backup device, hard disk or RAID configuration, it could be that the system is missing important drivers.

When booting from the Disaster Recovery CD, you will get a chance to add custom device drivers by pressing F6.

If you do miss this step when booting from the CD, reboot from the DR CD and add any additional drivers that are needed to access backup devices or RAID volumes.

Hello Amy,

I do load custom drivers by pressing F6 key, at the time of initial setup of windows Xp, as well as, booting from the DR image Cd, but, I am able to load the RAID drivers from Windows Xp professional CD in stand alone clean installs, however, if I am booting the system with the DR image CD, and at the time of Loading the RAID drivers by pressing F6 key, only one file HPT3XX.sys is loaded , and the other file appraently is left out or is not loaded. Hence the restore operation cannot be completed and I am left with a non functioning computer.

I am able to restore my computer by installing Windows XP professional in a fresh install,but the retrospect 5.6 express created windows installation is unable to install the drivers even by pressing F6 with the correct drivers in the floppy drive.

Aditionally, If i try to restore by restoring the harddrive through other means,such as, by installing a fresh copy of windows xp and then installing a fresh copy of retrospect 5.6 express, and and then using my backup catalogs saved from the image of previous hardrive,even then after a succseful copying of files, the system will not boot at all and will freeze to a windows xp inital save settings screen.

So, as you can see that either way, the backup and recovery operation is not performed.

Thanking you,

Best regards,

Aftab.

Archived