-34 error 2 limit

I am backing up from one drive to another drive that is mirrored I keep getting a -34 error

Volume is full the volume has 6 gig available. And it keep telling me limited is 2 gig in the log but the error that comes up is the -34 error volume full. I am running system 9.1 with

retrospect ver 5 any suggestion? Do you think i should break the mirror and just have the back go to a single drive?

In reply to:

And it keep telling me limited is 2 gig

Make sure the destination drive has been formatted as Macintosh Extended by selecting the drive on your desktop going to File > Get Info.

If the drive is formatted as Macintosh Standard, you'll need to reformat according to the instructions provided by the hard drive vendor, or through Apple's Disk Utility.

Make sure the file backup set is being saved to the external drive and not to the boot volume. In Retrospect, go to Configure > Backup Sets. Configure the set in question. On the Summary tab, you'll see "Catalog" with the location of the file backup set listed. It should be on the external drive. If not, you'll need to move it to the external drive and then use File > Open (while in Retrospect) to open the file in the new location.

Archived