519 error

bheyman

I am able to backup small folders (couple of hundred MB) no problem. When I get to a work folder

(over 300MB) I get a 519 error but only at night. This happens on all the nodes. I can backup succesfuly during the day. I have followed all the troubleshooting procedures listed on the 519 error page. I have about 10 G4's running 9.2.2, one imac runing 9.1, 3 Cisco switches and I'm on a VLAN (separate from the PC network). Running retrospect 4.3.

Restrospect support has no answer to this problem. Anything that may enlighten me on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

I haven't looked at the 519 page your talking about so pardon me if you've done this already. Make sure the computers don't sleep. Because you say this only happens at night makes me think this could be the problem. If this is not the problem, then I would concentrate on the backup server. Because you're seeing this with all the clients, the odds of it being a client problem is pretty doubtful. Try swapping Ethernet cables or switching the port on the switch the backup server goes into.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived