I'm using Retrospect Workgroup to backup 5 Macs and 2 PCs. Two Macs are running OS X 10.1.5. The other three are running X2. I am backing up to the hard drive of another mac running X2.

Everything works fine except for one machine. It is a Mac Cube running 10.1.5. The error message I get is "-127 volume corrupt." Retrospect sees the machine on the network, but that is as far as it goes. I'm not sure how to troubleshoot this. Any ideas?

Thanks,

e

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately, neither Norton or Tech Tool Pro could find anything wrong with the drive or the rest of the machine. The machine functions fine in every network activity except Retrospect backup. Can you think of anything else I should check?

e

In reply to:

I'm using Retrospect Workgroup

{snip}

Everything works fine except for one machine. It is a Mac Cube running 10.1.5. The error message I get is

"-127 volume corrupt." Retrospect sees the machine on the network, but that is as far as it goes.

In reply to:

Some specific details would be welcome here:

- What version of Retrospect?

- Confirm the Cube is running the Retrospect OS X Client?

- What version of the Client?

- Are there multiple volumes on the Cube?

- From Retrospect's Directory window visit Configure->Volumes and select the boot volume.

- Click "Browse."

- If you get the error, try defining a folder as a Subvolume, and try to Browse.

- Try different defined Subvolumes.

What happens when you try this?

Archived