problems updating clients to 5.0.540

I'm getting the following error when I try to update my OS X clients to 5.0.540 from my Retrospect Backup Servers using Mac_Client_Update_5_0.rcu:

"Can't use Mac_Client_Update_5_0.rcu error -24692 not a valid client update file"

I've downloaded the 5.0.540 updater from ftp://ftp.dantz.com/pub/updates/client_50540.sit .

I've tried updating from two different Retrospect Servers, both running version 5.0.238. My servers are both OS X 10.2. This error happens if I try to update All OS X Clients, or individual OS X clients, from the server. I can update clients manually by using the Install Retrospect Client application but not automatically from the servers.

HELP!

In reply to:

I can update clients manually by using the Install Retrospect Client application but not automatically from the servers.

That's because updating Clients over the network via Retrospect Client Updater files is not supported under OS X. The updater file you were using is for Classic clients.

Since the buttons are all in place, I'd guess that Dantz plans on supporting it sometime. Hopefully soon.

Dave

Archived