Quantum Snap Server 4100

Disclaimer: I expect that my problem is with Quantum and not with Dantz, but in any case I would appreciate the help.

I am attempting to setup a OS X 10.2.2 Workstation backup (using Retrospect Backup 5) to a Snap Server 4100 (on the same switch). I have setup two users (besides the Administrator) on the SS. Right now, as far as I can tell, I have set both users with full access and permissions to read and write to the server. I did this from the Network Share Access and from the File/Folder Security from within the SS Admin screens. I also have AppleTalk, TCP/IP and FTP active.

In Retrospect I am attempting an immediate backup and have tried both File and Internet for Backup set type. When I attempt Internet, I enter a User ID, Password, the IP of the server, and have tried saving in both the main folder and the specific folder I setup for the user. The error I'm getting is "Device trouble: "Backup Set A", error 225 (FTP: no write privelage, bad name, or disk full).

When I attempt file, I mount the SS, select file, click new, navigate to the SS from the Choose a Folder window and have selected both the main folder and the specific folder I setup for the user. The error I'm getting at this point is "Couldn't create backup set Backup Set A, error -5000 (server: no privelages).

At this point I have neither written any files to the SS or successfully backed up with Retrospect. Again, I'm expecting that this is a setup issue with the SS, but as far as I can tell I've given privelages to the users. What am I missing?

Also, I've looked up a number of articles on the forum and noticed that some scripted backups people are using automatically mount the Snap Server to the desktop and then proceed with the backup. How is this achieved?

Please, if anyone on the Forum can give me a hand I need the help. I'm going through both the Quantum and Retrospect User's Guides with a fine tooth comb and have not yet found a solution to my problem.

If anyone can take a few minutes of their time to offer a hand, I would be very grateful.

Archived