Source Volume

DaveF

A weeks ago, my CD-RW writer (Drive D) started appearing as a Source Volume when I initiate a backup. Of course that would never be a source as it is what I use to write the backups. Can you tell me how to get rid of this? I am using Express 5.6.132. Thank you. Dave

The D: drive may have become an available source at a time when certain types of formatted discs were inserted in the drive (such as those formatted by Direct CD). To remove this as an available source, make sure there are no discs in the drive, highlight the drive in the Volume Selection window and right-click to "Forget"

Hi Amy. Thank you for your quick response. It seems the only time my CD-RW drive shows as a Source option is when I have the backup CD installed in it. At that time, I do not have the option to right click and "forget." If there is no CD in the drive, then only my regular partitions (C and D) are shown as sources. I was wrong before when I said D is my CD-RW. That's actually F.

I have Direct CD but don't use it to format my backup CDs. I will bear in mind what you said. I just never have had the option to "Forget" the CD-RW drive. No big deal I guess. I'll just ignore it when it appears. Thanks. Dave

Archived