Major error during Add Snapshot...

Major error during Add Snapshot...

Having a major Retrospect crashing problem on my XServe. Retrospect is the ONLY, non-mac system software running on this box and when i try to get a Snap shot from one of my backup sets, Retrospect shows the following errors and i have to force quit the application:

Trouble in Retrospect

Internal Consistency Check Failed

Assertion Check at "arc.c -2539"

Anyone have any ideas what this means? I need to get some files off of this backup set and Retrospect is having a cow. Its NOT my backup set because this happens on multiple sets. I've search the Dantz site for any clues and have found nothing. Feels like a bug to me.

Config:

OSX Server 10.2.1

Retrospect Server 5.0236

Dual 1GHZ XServe

ATTO ExpressPCIProUL366 SCSI Card (Apple BTO)

512MB RAM

240 GB HD

MaxOptix AIT 2 SCSI tape library

-VB

In reply to:

Retrospect is the ONLY, non-mac system software running on this box and when i try to get a Snap shot from one of my backup sets,Retrospect shows the following errors and i have to force quit the application:

Where were these backup sets created? On this Macintosh or another? Does this happen on new backup sets or only on older sets?

Were there any errors during the original backup? Do you use verification when you backup?

Do you only experience problems with force quit when you try to restore an old snapshot or during other operations?

Have you tried the operation on another comptuer to see if the problem follows the tape drive or stays with the computer?

In reply to:

when i try to get a Snap shot from one of my backup sets, Retrospect shows the following errors and i have to force quit the application

When exactly does the error appear?

"...get a Snapshot..." could mean visiting:

Configure->Backup Sets->Configure->Snapshots->Add...

Is that what you're doing?

Retrospect's Assert alert dialog has a "Quit" button, yet you report you have to force quit. What are you seeing exactly?

Dave

Archived